Friday, February 4, 2011

I really like this image. The intensity is apealing to me, and it has a mystery factor that i love. At first glance you see a blue eye, but you look closer and you'll realize that the image is made up of tiny images to create the full piece.  I learned that this image is made up of a sequence of tiny thumbnails that appear to be a larger image.The process is to create 400 thumbnails then use photoshop to arrange them into a single image.The eye was used because it is a bold and clear image so that it wouldn't become disrupted when overlapped with with the other shots.I also learned that depending on your background image you may have to play around with the overlay method.  In this shot, the hard light created a good balance, but the levels of light and color saturation has a huge effect. This image has a high contrast to boost the color levels in the eye and reduce the saturation in the smaller thumbnails.  This image uses lots of techniques to create an image with both great intensity and mystery, which is something i tend to look for and love in designs.
http://www.computerarts.co.uk/tutorials/premium_content/2d__and__photoshop/create_photo_mosaics

7 comments:

  1. I thought this type of image was made of smaller images

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye-catching indeed.

    how long would that take? 400 images?! We'd better learn that many techniques, so we can make something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picture! I thought they just drew the picture and added a few block lines to make it that way. It amazes me to see that some one would take 400 pictures just to make one big picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow courteney you have such a good eye!! get it eye! hahaha well this is a relly cool interesting picture. I hope we learn how to do this. If not i want to do something like this on my own! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first i thought it was hand drawn, but it is actually made out of many pictures! I've always wanted to do one of those things!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the eye. And the colors are really attractive to me, the texture and colors together makes this a pretty pleasing picture to look at! :) This will look great if you do it for a project.

    ReplyDelete